IMPORTANT COVID-19 INFORMATION
On Tuesday, September 15, 2020, the Club will be reopening at 25% capacity, in accordance with Phase 2 of the State’s “Safe Start” program.
This means we will no longer be charging per visit. Instead, we will be reactivating everyone’s membership on September 15, 2020 and charging monthly dues in October.
However, in order to abide by capacity requirements, it will still be necessary for members to schedule a reservation to use the Club. This includes open gym use, adult lap swim, and group exercise classes.
Scheduling a reservation is simple. It’s done on-line and you can book reservations for two weeks in advance. Members will be able to schedule one reservation per day without a paying an additional fee.
However, as courtesy to others, if you are unable to show up for your reservation, please cancel your reservation 8 hours in advance. Otherwise, you will be charged a $10 late cancellation/no show fee.
Monthly billing for membership dues will resume on October 10, 2020. If you would like to place your membership on hold, you must notify us in writing by September 30, 2020.
If you request to place your membership on hold, a membership hold fee of $10 per month per adult will apply. This will allow you to reactivate your membership at any time in the future without having to rejoin and pay an enrollment fee.
Finally, please know that the health and safety of our members, staff, and community is our top priority. Accordingly, we have complied with all State and County Health Department requirements. These include, but are not limited to:
- Screening all employees and clients before entry;
- Requiring everyone to sanitize their hands immediately upon entry;
- Improving ventilation and adding air purification units;
- Adding new hand sanitizing dispensers throughout the Club;
- Increasing equipment disinfectant supply stations;
- Requiring all staff to wear a face covering, at all times;
- Requiring members and guests to wear a face covering, at all times, except whileswimming or showering.
- Relocating equipment to accommodate social distancing requirements;
- Modifying the Club floor plan to create individual training spaces; and
- Complying with all Phase 1 and Phase 2 requirements set forth by the State of Washington and King County Department of Health.
We are in the process of updating our website to provide more information about these changes, However, in the meantime, if you have any questions about the health and safety policies of the Club, please feel free to contact us directly at:
Thank you for your loyalty and support. We look forward to welcoming you back and helping you achieve and maintain your health and fitness goals.
Mark Durall, GM
Olympic Athletic Club
(206) 789-5010 Office
Open Gym Use, Lap Pool, Yoga, & Group Exercise Access
- To sign up, log on to https://clients.mindbodyonline.com/launch.
- Search for Olympic Athletic Club in “Find your site” option.
- Choose : Olympic Athletic Club,
- Continue to site without logging in.
- Select the tab for the activity you want at the top of the screen to find the day and time slot you want to sign up for.
- After selecting a time, the program will prompt you to create a login.
- You are purchasing credits, which will only be debited from your account after your appointment has happened. They will not be debited when you reserve a spot. However, there is a 24 hour cancellation policy, which means if you cancel less than 24 hours before your appointment, your credit will be used.